March 29th is just around the corner, and now is the perfect time to start brainstorming ideas for your upcoming project. The Good Deeds Day team has come up with a list of 25 ideas you can choose from, Let’s get started!
- Tutor youth with learning disabilities
- Assist at an animal shelter
- Donate stuffed animals to children in hospitals
- Make “care kits” with shampoo, toothbrushes, combs, etc. to donate to homeless shelters
- Clean your local park and playground
- Promote a Sustainable Development Goal within your community
- Deliver groceries and meals to elderly neighbors
- Donate blankets to a homeless shelter
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Paint park benches
- Make first aid kits for homeless shelters
- Organize a clothing drive
- Visit hospital patients
- Donate used books to your local library
- Help repair or paint a local homeless shelter
- Perform a concert or play at a senior center
- Organize a community blood drive
- Hold a bake sale for your favorite charity
- Have a beach clean-up day
- Organize a car wash and donate the profits to charity
- Organize a reading hour for children at a local school or library
- Start a community garden
- Collect supplies for families who have lost their homes in fires
- Help make sure your neighborhood is handicap accessible
- Have a Good Deeds Day fair or mega event!
Here are 3 easy steps that will help you implement these ideas.
1. Choose what interests you the most: Start narrowing down this list to see where your interests lie and what appeals to you the most.
2. Do some research to see what projects you can do in your community: Check out your local schools, animal shelters, homeless shelters and nursing homes for more information on volunteering opportunities and see where the best fit for you is.
3. Sign up for Good Deeds Day and start Volunteering!
For more inspiration, take a look at our Get Ideas page for some meaningful ideas from around the world. Registration for Good Deeds Day is now open! Let us know what you’ll be doing to make the world a better place on March 29, 2020. We can’t wait to hear how you will be participating!